Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Weekend Preview

Looking forward to a great weekend. Gonna leave tomorrow night with Nathan. Driving up to Asheville to stay at Robert's on Thurs. night. Getting up on Friday morning to run by Cane Creek and give everyone a hard time. Got to get a carbon rim to replace my broken race wheel while I'm there. Then it's on to Ducktown, TN for the Cohutta 10,000 gravel road extravaganza. We are going to ride all the singletrack sections on friday. 73 deg. and sunny temps should make the trail that much better. If I remember correctly from last year, the trail sections were really good. Camp out Fri. night and throw down on Sat. Floyd Landis is suppose to show up and throw everyone a beating. That has no impact whatsoever on my race. I don't care who else is there. All I want to do is beat my time from last year and I'll be happy. The weather forecast is looking favorable for Sat. as well. 67 degrees and rain showers. I love racing in the rain. It's great to see guys that are normally much stronger than I am have spectacular meltdowns in bad conditions. It will be a heck of a day one way or the other! DH

No comments: