Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Diagnosis

Still looking forward to Sat.'s race. Babying my leg by riding easy, I want to go out to the trails tomorrow and drill it. Better not. I'll be raring to go for this weekend though.

Got back started with my chiropractor from a few years back. Had some X- Rays, assessments ,and other scans done on Mon. Went back today for the diagnosis and to figure out what to do. He didn't really know where to start there are so many problems. Most stem from the 7mm leg length discrepancy. My left hip drops and causes pain in the right. This explains why my right leg has been junk the last couple of years. An orthotic will solve a good bit of this.
Another area of concern is my neck. There has been so much trauma over the last 32 years that my neck is not bent right. There is suppose to be a nice curve in the spine there, but 2 vertebrae are curved then the next 3 or 4 are straight. Basically, he told me that I REALLY don't need to crash anymore. Multiple whiplash "events" have wreaked havoc around the base of my skull. Maybe that is why it creaks and groans every time I turn my head. This can be fixed with adjustments and exercises that I can do. He mentioned traction exercises too but that is a last resort.
Then my back is jacked up around T12 -14. He didn't mention anything about my gallbladder problems in the last few months but I did some research and that is the area that is connected to the gallbladder. Possibility there.
Anyways- Now I know what the problems are for sure and what to do about the problems. I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel now and I will soon be able to train like I should and take care of business.
DH Out.

No comments: