Thursday, January 24, 2008

Four Pair?!

Headed to the mountains this weekend again. Got packed up last night because I had to get up early and ride for a few hours before work. Maybe I was a little too tired. I looked over my stuff this morning. I'm only gonna be gone 2 days. This is what I packed: 4 pair of riding shorts, 1 jersey, 3 undershirts, 2 mismatched arm warmers, 4 (FOUR!) pair of sunglasses. 5 T-shirts, 7 pair of socks, no underwear, 4 hats, 2 gloves, 2 pants, 2 casual shorts, a toothbrush, shaving cream ( no razor), and a thermal jacket. And an MP3 player.
After a little re-packing I was set to go.

Got in a great ride this morning. 2 hrs with an hour of Tempo thrown in. Nice morning- blue skies and 55 degrees out. I felt pretty good all morning. Of course I had to have something go wrong before the ride was over. Flat tire within sight of the neighborhood. It would take longer to fix it than it would to ride home. You gotta be kidding me. Thought real hard about riding the flat in but did the right thing and fixed it.

The rest of the day has been uneventful. Cervelo told me my bike is shipping tomorrow. For the third time. We'll see what happens. Later- DH

No comments: