Friday, July 30, 2010

Good times

I had an incredible ride tonight. Really liking the new cx bike. Rode to work this morning in Mt. P. Got off at 7 pm. I was more than ready to roll out of work. Looking forward to a headwind on the way home, I was less than enthused. However, by the time I got to Patriot's Point I was feeling pretty good and really digging the Solo CXR and the 38 X 14T gear. So.. I hit up the trails by the golf course for a bit. I ended up out on the marsh overlooking Sullivan's Island and the downtown peninsula just in time for a pretty cool sunset. A surprisingly cool breeze was blowing despite the hellish weather we've had lately. I soaked it in for awhile then rolled out. By the time I got over the bridge and downtown I didn't want to stop riding. Liza was out at a baby shower and Alex was out with some friends for awhile. I had some time so I rode. And rode. And rode. I got home a little after 10pm. I ended up riding all over the Metro Charleston area. I rode for no reason other than I liked it and I didn't feel like stopping. Usually I have a purpose for riding, but not tonight. Tonight was about enjoying riding the bike. I may end up worn out tomorrow morning but so what. Go out and ride folks. Nothing beats it! DH

No comments: