Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This Race Report is Brought to You by the Number 2

Went up to Athens, GA to meet up with the Terrapin team and race the Dirty Spokes 6 hr. I raced Singlespeed Solo, Shey and Bill did the Open Solo, and Chris and Jeremy did the 2 man division.
Long story short- I opened the throttle on the 2nd lap and didn't look back. I got my 2nd win of the year, had the 2nd fastest lap time, started hurting bad with 2 hrs. to go, had to stop and fix a rear flat 2 times, ended up 2nd overall and 1st in my race, and had 2 flat tires when I took my bike out of the car for the 2nd time this year- 2 days later. Shey got 2nd in the solo open, Bill got 5th, and our 2 man team won. Rode well and am looking forward to my 2nd XC race of the year on the 22nd in Macon, GA.
Later-
DH

No comments: