Friday, January 09, 2009

5 days

It's been five days now. No caffeine, carbonation, or refined sugar. I think I'm starting to get over the hump. The headaches and body pain have started to subside. I still feel as if my head is in a fog but that should clear up soon. I keep telling myself that this is a good thing. I also tell myself that this is stupid and I'll crack soon and be back to 5-6 diet cokes a day and 4-5 cookies. But right now I'm holding strong- cold turkey style. Actually, I'm working on mental toughness right now. Someone ( who will be savagely beaten ) has placed a tupperware container of Bananna nut Chocolate chip muffins on the counter near me and has been taunting me. Reminds me of the old days of Cane Creek with Wes taunting me with Oatmeal Cream pies. I could really eat one of those right now. Last time some of those were involved, it turned into a bet over me being able to eat a dozen of them. The large ones, not the 25 cent gas station variety but the costco variety. I ate em' all but had one of the worst sugar high/crashes of my life within 3 minutes of completing the challenge. Looking back- I think I almost died. Look how far off subject I am now. I should probably get a diet coke so I can focus. Oh wait. I don't drink those anymore. The plan is to dump the caffeine so that when I am racing and I drink a coke I get a bigger boost. I have become so use to caffeine now that I can no longer tell that I have had some unless I have a triple esspresso or something. I have lost five lbs. this week after cutting the sugar. That is not too bad to be without.
Anyways- I'll keep everyone updated on this struggle as I progress.
DH

1 comment:

Liza said...

stay strong