Dark Mtn. Super D
Loaded up in Herndon's truck w/ Wes D, Chris and Alex for the trip to Dark Mtn. Stopped by McDonald's for some high quality sustainance. After we all felt like crap from said sustainance we rolled on up the road. Pulled up, did some practice runs, then race runs, Chris-1st Pro, me-2nd Pro, WesD- 1st 30+. Top 3 times overall, got back in the car with our Kenda tires and went home. That's all there is to say about that.
Secret Tsali Weapon
It's superlight and superfast. Come to Tsali next weekend to check it out. Nuff about that.
Assault on the Carolinas
What do you do to avoid the chaos of 700 riders leaving at the same time? You rip it through town @ 35mph ( courtesy of WesD). After departing town at a high rate of speed, the tandem-piloted by the Applegate-McCauley's dumped the clutch and was GONE. Over the course of the next 65 miles the following transpired:
1. 6 horses got loose and were seen running (drafting even) in the lead pack. They held their line better than most riders.
2. Dude flies off of Hwy 178 @45mph into a 100 foot crevasse. No major injuries but vehicles with winches were required to get him out.
3. Went off the front on SC228 for 12 miles hoping to get a big head start before having to haul my large posterior up Ceasar's Head.
4. Only had a couple of minutes lead at the base.
5. Out of water and blew up like Hiroshima about a mile up, had to limp on up to the top feed zone.
6. Got my feed, went back downhill till I found Robert, rode back up feeling better now, and we drilled it back to town.
Mowed the grass, limed it, fertilized, seeded it. Watered the snot out of it and hopefully I'll have a beautiful yard in 2 weeks. I'll post a picture if so- if not I'll just rant about it. Later-DH