Saturday, February 10, 2007

Getting it dialed in

It's been so cold here lately that riding has been really tough. My saddle sores have saddle sores because I've been on the rollers so much. Not today though- It was sunny, dry, and 40+ degrees out and I was jonesin for a good offroad ride. Loaded the KHS into the Megavan and blasted up to DuPont. I was not dissapointed. It was dry everywhere and slightly tacky in the turns. You could really rip out there today. Hit the turn hot-drift ,and the tires would hook up just in time to exit the turn without loosing speed. It was the most fun I've had out there in a long time. This time of year I have a pretty strict heartrate ceiling but I couldn't help myself today. It's been too long since I rode on hardpack and I had to keep ratcheting up the intensity. I think I am finally getting close to a good setup on the KHS. Made a few adjustments today and it feels pretty darn good now. I installed a Cane Creek Thudbuster seatpost and returned to XC weeny world with a low stem, flat bar, and bar ends. Forgot how fast you can crank uphill with this setup. Got in a couple of hrs. today and it felt good; gonna go out for 4-5 more hrs. tomorrow and see it my body csn handle the position. Feels really fast now but if it ain't fast all day it don't do me no good. Got some cool pics today DH out.

No comments: